I phoned my Mom this week and, just for kicks, asked about the day of my birth. She said it was mostly worry-free. She was having coffee with a neighbour on a Friday morning and she knew, ‘it was time.’ I guess I was on the larger size at 9 lbs, 10 oz and noisy, constantly hungry, but for the most part an easy kid to have and have around. “We were over joyed” she said. That’s a good birth story. Zero trauma, a little person wanted and welcomed, happy parents.
Today’s story tells of the birthday of the Church. We’re over 2,000 years old now but it’s always good to look back and see where you came from and how it all got started.
Acts 2 Study Questions
- If you know it, tell your birth story or the birth story of someone in your family.
- The Holy Spirit is one of God’s greatest gifts. What, if any, is your experience of the Holy Spirit?
- Is there anything in this story that makes you uncomfortable or brings questions to your mind?
- What about the way the church was (vs. 42-47) attracts you the most? Why?
- Close your meeting by simply praying for each other and specifically that each other (only if they want it!) would be filled with God’s Holy Spirit.