“In your world I have another name…
You must learn to know me by that name.
This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia.
That by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
Study Questions: 1 Peter 1:1-12
- Peter addresses this letter to ‘God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout …’ Can you identify with this? Do you ever feel like you do not belong to the world?
- In vs 3-5 four blessings are listed: we are given new birth, we have a living hope, an inheritance that never fades, and we are shielded by God’s power. What do these blessings mean to you in your own words?
- Peter says ‘an inexpressible and glorious joy’ is possible when we face difficulties in life (vs 6-9). Does this passage encourage you or change anything?
- What is the connection between knowing the blessings of vs 3-5 and having joy in trials in vs 6-9?
- In vs 10-12, in what way are we more blessed today than the prophets of the Old Testament?