When I think about the leader that had the biggest impact on me it was an unlikely guy. He wasn’t great at sports, he wasn’t loud or outgoing, but he was available. He enjoyed us and he made it cool to investigate Jesus. He also made it a point to call leadership out of the boys he was working with. Good leaders use their leadership to serve others. What leader has had the biggest impact on you?
Study Questions: 1 Peter 5:1-7
1. Think of a leader who had a deep impact on you. What qualities of their life stand out?
2. Sometimes leaders can get sour. Peter talks about being grumpy, greedy or bossy. When your leadership goes sour, which of the three do you tend towards?
3. Young people are called to be submissive to elders, what might that look like?
4. Humble is used as a verb in this passage, that means something you do. What would your church, your family and your life look like if you humbled yourself?
5. V7 admits we all have worries. What are you worrying about these days? Does it help at all to know that God cares about you? How might that help?