I don’t remember eating in very many restaurants as a child. I think it was a pretty big deal to do that way back then 🙂 But now, it’s a normal experience for our family, so much so, that we barely recognize our own kitchen! Some restaurants serve you. Some have a buffet and you serve yourself. But some restaurants are meant for the EXPERIENCE like the one called O Noir. O Noir is completely in the dark and every waiter is blind. I haven’t been but have heard that it is truly an experience and one worth having.
Often church is a full service kind of deal. You come in and receive what is on the menu for that day. Not today! Today is designed to be an experience. Something you participate in. The lights are staying on and there will be no pressure to do anything, but we want you to know that we have been praying that you would experience worship with ALL of your heart, soul, mind and body this morning.
Relax! It’s going to be good…
Study Questions: 1 Samuel 7
- Israel turns back to God. What did they have to rid themselves of first? What is in the way for you to turn to God with all your heart?
- All the people gathered, they poured water out, fasted and confessed their sin against God. What does pouring out water and fasting have to do with confession?
- When people turn to God, often Satan opposes and discourages them. Have you had such an experience? Talk about a time when you faced opposition in your walk with Jesus.
- The Philistines have come to invade. What do the people do differently this time when facing their enemy? Have you ever cried out to God for help? What was the outcome?
- Can you find a gospel story here? How do the actions of Samuel point to Jesus?