When I was a little kid my favorite show was The Six Million Dollar Man. I wanted to be Steve Austin, the star of the show. He was super strong and super fast (it didn’t hurt that the actor, Lee Majors was married to Farrah Fawcett!).
Perhaps at one time or another you wanted to be someone else. Christians believe (because God says so!) that when a person comes to Christ, they become a NEW person. They do not become someone else, they become new and who they were meant to be all along in Christ.
Study Questions: 1 Samuel 10
- Saul was anointed. Get someone in your group to Google “anointed in the Bible” to help the group understand what ‘anointed’ means.
- v. 1-7 lay down some principles of godly leadership. See what you can do as a group to identify and unpack these truths.
- What places of leadership does God have you in right now? How might these truths energize and direct you in those assignments?
- Saul knew he was going to be king, he was the biggest guy around. Why do you think he was hiding in the luggage?
- Are there places in your life where you struggle to give up the old life (chasing donkeys, for example) and step into the new life (leading God’s people for example)? Share those with the group and pray with each other.