Today is an important day for St. Paul’s as we welcome Meg Patterson into our family. Meg is a seminary student at Knox College. Her home church is Burns Church in Ashburn. Meg will be learning and leading with us from now until March 30 2015. Meg is married and she and her husband have 3 children.
And welcome all!
- When you were growing up what were you taught to believe about how the world would end?
- What do you believe now? What sits well with you and what still feels unsettled?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13 – 5:11. What does this passage have to say about how things will be at the end?
- Given the claim that Jesus will return and we will be with him forever, how then does Paul instruct us to live? (5:6-11) Give specifics as you imagine what that will look like in your life.
- Twice the passage exhorts us “Encourage each other”. How might you do that for each other? What can you do for someone you know who is short on encouragement?