Before I was married I imagined that because I was so easy-to-get-along-with I could marry just about anyone. When I met Colleen and fell in love, I knew that being married would be a cinch, she was awesome, we already knew I was awesome, we’d be awesome together! Things didn’t quite go like that. I think we’re still awesome but it turns out that getting along isn’t a cinch; not for married people, not for people in general. We need serious help.
Thankfully God is that help and offers it freely to those who ask.
- Name someone who ‘works hard among you’ and ‘cares for you in the Lord’. How is it that you will ‘hold them in the highest regard’?
- Listen again to verses 14 and 15. What phrase stands out for you? Recall a story of how Jesus brought that phrase to life either for you or for someone else.
- Re-read vs. 16-18 and then be still together. Describe how these 3 verses could change your approach to life.
- How will your group live out the ‘holy kiss’ greeting and its intention to declare God’s worth over each of you every time you meet?
- What encourages you about vs. 23-24? Have someone in the room stand and pronounce this blessing over your gathering.