Desperate people do desperate things. One of the most desperate things a human being can do is pray. It’s the best thing you can do all the time, but even better when you are vulnerable, like when you’re in the belly of a fish.
Christians are crazy enough to believe that God hears humans when they’re desperate. God hears and rescues.
Sermon Series Questions
- Recall a time when you were desperate. Did you pray? Why or why not?
- Jonah uses lots of words to describe how bad his situation is. Do you think God is really that interested in the details of your life? Explain.
- v8 Jonah says that “those who cling to worthless idols forfeit grace that could be theirs”. Why take the time to say that?
- Jonah was rescued and realized that meant he needed to keep his promise to God. Have you ever made promise to God in prayer? Describe that.
- Pray for each other. Don’t use ‘churchy’ words. Use as honest words as you can find.