When I look back over my life, I marvel at how often God chose to use the unlikely to show His glory.
I chased championships, MVP honors and the company of the powerful and prosperous, but it was little old ladies (and men!), losses, broke couples, failures and backwater places that have been most used by God to shape me.
I am reminded that God’s glory, true glory, comes in very different packages than what this world chases.
Listen in today as again, Jesus uses the unlikely to show us humans who He is and what He is all about.
Sermon Study Questions
Read: John 2
- Describe a time when you saw (or believe you saw) God use someone powerfully.
- How do you feel about Jesus going to the Temple and dealing strongly with religious people and in the same chapter going to a wedding and making more wine for folks who’d had pretty much enough to drink?
- Read Isaiah 25. Describe the kind of God the Jews were waiting for.
- Jesus used the stone jars which, up until that point, had been used for ceremonial washing. Describe any significance that might have.
- What did Jesus mean, “My hour has not yet come”? Why did he come to the rescue when initially he had resisted?