I don’t remember my Dad and I having long meaningful conversations. What I do remember was that he always finished every phone call or visit with, “I love you.” That was tough to hear when I was a teen. I’m sure there were years when I was too cool to say, “I love you” back, but he persisted. Whether it was from his wheelchair or hospital bed, last words were always, “I love you.” Not a bad legacy to leave with your kid.
Read: John 5
- Name some of the people in your life you feel safe with. What makes them safe people for you?
- Without a doubt Jesus means to win your trust. Why is it so important that a human being trust in Jesus? What does ‘trusting Jesus’ actually look like?
- In this passage, Jesus points to evidence of who he is and why he’s trustworthy. Identify the different evidence he cites.
- Which piece of evidence do you find most convincing? If you struggle to believe, where does the evidence break down for you?
- One compelling verse is the one in which Jesus claims that the Father loves him. That seems to be soul-settling truth for Him. Do you have any sense that God loves you? Explain.