Lord, You are My Shepherd
I have everything I need.
You make me lay down in green pastures
You lead me beside quiet
You restore my soul and lead in down right paths.
Even in dark and death places
I won’t be afraid
because You are with me.
Your rod and staff comfort me
You prepare a table for me even though
we are surrounded by the enemy.
You make my cup full, it runs over
You annoint me with oil.
In this I am confident,
Your goodness and mercy surround me
all my days on earth
and for eternity I will dwell with You.
Sermon Study Questions – John 12
- vs 7 If the perfume was for Jesus’ burial, why did Mary use it up during this visit?
- Scriptures from the Old Testament are used in John 12. How does our understanding of the Old Testament help us to know Jesus now? vs 8, 13, 15, 38, 40
- vs 17 Many people sought out Jesus because He performed a miraculous sign by raising Lazarus from the dead. Have you ever experienced a miraculous sign from Jesus? What has drawn you to Him?
- vs 20 When the Greeks sought out Jesus, Jesus said ’the hour has come to be glorified’. Why this response? What is Jesus talking about?
- vs 25 What does it mean to ‘hate’ your life? And, how can we serve Jesus?
- vs 29 Why could not some people hear the sound as God’s voice?
- vs 43 Describe times when we love human praise more than praise from God. How can we seek to glorify God?