Romans 12:1-2 (Message version)
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Sermon Study Questions:
- How old were you when you learned to ride a 2-wheeler? When was the last time you rode one?
- How many other things in your life are ‘automatic’ because you learned them early?
- What does the idea of renewal mean to you?
- What mindsets do you have that might not be in alignment with Jesus according to Scripture?
- What is the difference between change and transformation?While reading the Titus 3 passage this week, ask the Holy Spirit to show you any thoughts, patterns or beliefs that you are unaware of and may need transformation or renewal in.