Today is a happy day for St. Paul’s Leaskdale! For the first time in our 153 year history we’ll have a married couple pastoring our congregation. Welcome to Konnie and Grant Vissers! If you’re able, please join us tonight for their ordinations and inductions. Christians have long held that days like these are important dates in the life of the Church and in the heart of God. Much rejoicing!
Sermon Questions: Galatians 6:1-10
- Tell of a time when you saw a person struggling and church leadership had to step in and deal with the situation. Was it handled like v. 1 says or did it go differently?
- Explain how “carry each other’s burdens” and “each one should carry their own load” makes sense in the same passage.
- How does v. 6 play out in your life as you ‘share all good things’ with your instructor(s).
- Verses 7, 8 & 9 say that we’re all farmers, we’re all growing crops. Make a list together of some farming truths that are important for us to remember (like it takes time for stuff to grow). Give honest self-reflection about what kind of crop you’re growing these days.
- What opportunities can you see this week where you’ll have a chance to ‘do good’? Will there also be an opportunity to do that with someone who belongs to the family of believers?