How many of you have been to a wedding celebration before? What was the celebration like? Most weddings I have attended have been complete parties! In Revelation 19 John writes about the biggest wedding party you’ve ever seen—the wedding between Christ and His church. It’s a celebration you don’t want to miss, and, YOU’RE INVITED!
Sermon Study Questions: Revelation 19
- Have you ever been invited to a wedding? What was the celebration like?
- What is the reason behind the threefold Hallelujah chorus at the beginning of the chapter? (19:1-8)
- What is the great multitude so excited about in 19:6? What is the marriage of the Lamb in 19:7 How does rejoicing and being glad relate to our own worship?
- What is the marriage supper of the Lamb in 19:9? Who is the groom? Who is the bride? Why might it be important to see ourselves as the bride of Christ? Where have you seen similar narratives and imagery like this before in scripture?
- Why did John attempt to worship the angel in 19:10? What is the angel’s response?
Categories: Good to Know ...