I’m not a big fan of loose ends. If a job gets started, I want it finished and finished right. I have very little patience until all the loose ends are wrapped up. God has been staring at those loose ends of creation gone sour and humans gone rogue since the 3rd chapter of Genesis. Finally, in Revelation 21, the loose ends are no more! All is set right! And all because of this truth:
Christ has died
Christ is risen
Christ will come again!
Sermon Study Questions: Revelation 21
- What is the power in understanding that the whole collection of believers worldwide is the singular Bride of Christ?
- “He will wipe every tear from their eyes.” Some of us don’t like to admit that we cry, but do your best to explain how this promise impacts you.
- Why take the time to name all the jewels and precious stones and gold? What is that all about?
- Explain the impact of v. 24, “…the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.” What does that suggest about the life hereafter?
- Twice the passage names those who will NOT be part of the Kingdom come (v. 8, 27). What is the caution/encouragement to us in those two verses?