Unfortunately, the church is often known more for what we are against than what we’re for. We want to change that! Here at SPL we want to be known for what we are for—we’re for the good news of Jesus, we’re for the cross, and we’re for resurrection living!
Today we look at what it means to know Christ in the power of His resurrection and to give up those things that used to give us value before knowing Jesus.
“…and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ…”
Sermon Study Questions: Philippians 3:1-10
- Philippians 3:3 talks about not putting confidence in the flesh—what do you think Paul means by that statement?
- Paul talks a lot about being found in Jesus, knowing Jesus, and being known by Jesus. What does it mean/look like to be found in Jesus?
- Philippians 3:10 says, “I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…” What do you think it means to know the power of the resurrection and participate in the sufferings of Jesus?
- Have you ever had to “press on toward the goal,” in some area of your life? What was it like? Did you make it? If so, why? If not, why not?
- What is our spiritual goal as Christians? What do you think Paul was talking about when he wrote, “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus?”
Categories: Good to Know ...