Most times we hear the word ‘love’ and our minds go to sunset walks on the beach with a special someone or even to an outrageous proposal story or spectacular wedding day.
When God talks first about love it isn’t about romance. It’s hard for our times to understand it, but there is a deeper love than romance at work around us.
God self-defines as Love and demonstrates His love in an execution device and then calls us all to ‘love one another’.
Sermon Study Questions: 1 John 4:11-24
- Describe a time when you were loved and you felt the love.
- Christians point to the cross as the demonstration of God’s love, explain how an execution device declared love.
- Why are fear and love incompatible?
- We don’t admit to being hateful very often but… are there people in your life who you find easier to hate right now?
- What does it look like in your life to ‘rely on the love of God’ these days (v.16)?