There are a few things that can get human beings riled up. Snakes, rodents and spiders for starters. In-your-face opposition, people who go out of their way to make your life miserable and the threat of death could fill out the list! These can spin people into human tornadoes!
Interestingly, Paul faced the last three of these but instead of getting riled up or swirling into a frenzy he found a hope that settled him. How would you like a settling hope in the face of the gale-force winds blowing in your face? Listen in…
Sermon Study Questions: Philippians 1: 15-30
- When was the last time someone tried to make your life difficult? How did you handle that?
- Why was Paul able to rejoice when people, ‘stirred up trouble for him”?
- Explain these words “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain”?
- What does ‘conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel’ look like in your life today?
- (v. 28) Is there a place now where you feel intimidated about your faith? What do you do with fear?
- Tell of a time when you suffered for Christ.