It feels like we’re an unsettled bunch. My observation is that people in our times routinely carry a boatload of stress, pressure and chaos.
When you live in the redzone, near crisis constantly, it doesn’t take much to shove you over the edge. Not surprisingly this is an affront to the One who made you and, happily, the Lover of your soul has a settled life for you. It begins with moving towards reconciliation in your relationships.
Here’s to living a settled life!
Sermon Study Questions: Philippians 4:1-7
1. Describe (without names!) a relationship you were part of that was fractured but has since healed. What factors helped the healing?
2. See if you can find the 3 factors that Paul urged for healing the division between Euodia and Syntyche. How might each of those 3 be helpful for healing?
3. What does “Rejoice in the LORD” look like in your life right now?
4. When was the last time someone was gentle with you? When do you recall last being gentle with someone else? Why might gentleness be important to God?
5. Has the progression Anxiety – Prayer – Peace ever played out in your life? Describe that experience.