13 “My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
By: Skylissa Carville
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 2:1-13
- Has there ever been a time where you have had to follow God “through the wilderness, through a land not sown”?
- Do you know what it is like to be shown fertile land, rich in produce, by God in your own life?
- Has there ever been a moment where you have turned your back on what God was trying to give you?
- What does it mean to forsake, “the spring of living water,” and dig your own, “cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water?
- What hope is there is this passage? Hint: think living water.