“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” -Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)
‘The Right Path’, Photo on wood By: Amanda VanUden
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 6:13-21
- God threatened to bring disaster (v. 19) on his people for ‘detestable conduct’ (v. 15). What were they doing?
- How have deceit, greed and trivial treatment of serious ‘wounds’ played out in your life?
- In v. 16 God is still hoping His people will change their lives, what’s His invitation?
- What does it mean to ‘walk in the good way’ and what does it mean ‘find rest for your souls”?
- v. 19, 20. God’s people were bringing gifts and sacrifices but were not listening to God’s Word. Has there been a time in your life when you were going through religious motions but were actually deaf to what God really wanted from you?