THE LORD’S TEMPLE
O Temple of The Lord
Bricks and mortar — Solid
Architecture, design, and décor — Stunning
Sunday-go-to-meeting ceremony — Uplifting
O People of The Lord
Name-bearers — And living up to The Name
Grace-gifted — And grace-givers
Abundance-bestowed — And blessing-sharers
Success-oriented — And seekers of God’s Kingdom
Creation-users — And land-stewards
O Child of The Lord
And Temple – dwelled in
By His Holy Presence
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 7:1-15
- Explain what it means when a person is “two-faced”. Give an example a being “two-faced” from a movie or your own life.
- Two things were NOT lining up for God’s people; their worship words and their lives. What sorts of things were NOT right with their lives?
- Their shadowy lives meant that the words they used in worship were hollow or “worthless” (v. 8) Is there any danger that (y)our words, words we use at (St. Paul’s Leaskdale) could be called worthless?
- Find out what you can about Shiloh. Why is Shiloh a chilling reminder to God’s people?
- Give an example of someone, from the Bible or elsewhere, who finally got their life to line up with their worship words. How did that come to be?