This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 18:1-12
- What did Jeremiah see and hear at the potter’s house?
- What is it that caused Israel to be marred like the pot? What is it in our own lives that might cause us to be marred?
- Being reshaped by God isn’t always pleasant, can you remember a time when you have been aware of God’s reshaping in your life?
- Is God’s shaping of Israel final? Is it final in our lives?
- What does this passage say of God’s trustworthiness?