“…Your love’s not fractured
It’s not a troubled mind
It isn’t anxious
It’s not the restless kind
Your love’s not passive
It’s never disengaged
It’s always present
It hangs on every word we say
Love keeps its promises
It keeps its word
It honors what’s sacred
‘Cause its vows are good
Your love’s not broken
It’s not insecure
Your love’s not selfish
Your love is pure
You don’t give Your heart in pieces
You don’t hide Yourself to tease us…”
Lyrics to, ‘Pieces’ from Bethel Music, Brave New World
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 20:7-18
- Do you have your own story of God’s light shining through something shattering in your life?
- What are your thoughts about happiness not being the goal of life?
- As you read Jeremiah’s lament, what words or phrase most mirrors your own lament
- Is there a time in your life when obeying God brought trouble to you? Tell about it.
- Does reading Jeremiah’s lament help you be more honest with God about how it feels to be you? Why or why not?