‘Call to me and I will answer you and I will tell you great and mighty things which you do not know.’ – Jeremiah 33:3
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 33:1-11
- Can you think of a time when you called to God and He revealed to you something of the ‘hidden things’?
- Read Matthew 6:5-8 and talk about what Jesus says about prayer. What does He say we aren’t to do and what does He say we are to do when it comes to having a life of prayer? What does He say is the hope of going to the secret place?
- As you read Jeremiah 33, pull out 3 of God’s “I will’s” that feel particularly personal to you. What might you do to keep those promises near you throughout the next month?
- Read verse 11. What are we to give thanks to God for?
- Read verses 14-18 in Jeremiah 33 and also Luke 1:26-38. Talk about how these passages, hundreds of years apart, intersect with each other. How do they intersect in your life?