“I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow…and my people will be filled with my bounty,” declares the Lord.
– Jeremiah 31:13b-14
Sermon Study Questions: Jeremiah 31:10-17
1. What is home? Where do you find yourself at home?
2. What is joy? How does it differ from happiness or pleasure?
3. What exile do your find yourself in, or have you found yourself in?
4. What emotions does this verse elicit for you: “He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd a flock.”
5. How has the Lord drawn you home out of exile? In what ways has God acted in a redemptive way in your life, bringing you back home?
Categories: Good to Know ...